- A global glass leader
- Sales of JPY 580,795 million in FY17
- Ownership/interests in 26 float lines worldwide
- Global Automotive customer base
- Leading player in lenses for multi-function printers
- Strong position in glass fiber products worldwide
- Around 27,000 permanent employees globally
- Sales in over 100 countries
The Group is one of the world's leading manufacturers of glass and glazing systems in three business areas: Architectural; Automotive; and Technical Glass.
Founded in 1918, NSG acquired the leading UK-based glass manufacturer Pilkington plc in June 2006. Today, the Company has combined sales of just over JPY 581 billion, sales in over 100 countries, employing some 27,000 people worldwide.
In FY 2017, Architectural accounted for 41 per cent of Group sales, Automotive 51 per cent, and Technical Glass 8 per cent.
The Group has major market shares in most building and automotive product markets of the world, with a broad geographic reach, enabling it to respond to customers whose Operations, particularly in the case of Automotive OE, are increasingly global.
Geographically, 38 per cent of the Group's sales are in Europe, 24 per cent in Japan and 20 per cent in North America, with the remaining 18 per cent being generated mainly in South America, China and South East Asia.